There are very few things in life better than traveling the world with the people you love. Around this time last year, I traveled to the lovely island of Providenciales, Turks & Caicos with my sisters. Of all my international trips to serene corners of the world, this was certainly one of the most enjoyable. The island is filled with pristine beaches of white powdery sand and turquoise waters that instantly put you at ease. Even if you visit during the peak months of March-April, you'll find that the beaches are never overcrowded. Turks & Caicos is one of the more expensive islands in the Caribbean, making it an exclusive destination and optimal location for coveted relaxation. It's not uncommon on the island to have an entire beach to yourself. I spent many mornings meditatively inhabiting the wide stretch shores, with not a single person in sight. With Turks & Caicos being home to Grace Bay, one of the most popular beaches in the world, I was in awe of the vast seclusion and tranquility.
Today I'm opening up my travel diary and sharing with you all some of the details of my stay. Enjoy, and be sure to let me know about your experiences on the island!
Saína's Top 10 Turks & Caicos To-Do List
- Reef snorkeling and diving - This is a perfect way to catch an in depth view of the island's beautiful reefs and tropical fish.
- Dinner on the beach - Enjoy a lovely evening dinner with your significant other or a close friend on one of the island's beautiful beaches. The water is warm at night, so don't be afraid to dip your feet in!
- Beach Barbecue - Typically hosted by many of the resorts, this is always a good move.
- Bike Riding Around the island - Many of the resorts offer free bikes for you to set out on a scenic route and explore what the island has to offer.
- Yoga & Meditation on the beach - For my fellow yoginis and tranquility seekers, this is a must.
- Horse back riding on the beach - Catch views of the shore at sunset while riding through the waves atop one of the island's lovely horses.
- Visit the Cheshire Hall Plantation - If you're a historian at heart like me, and can't go anywhere in the world without immersing yourself in the knowledge of its history, visiting the stone ruins of this historic cotton plantation should definitely be on your To-Do list.
- Deep tissue massage on the beach - Do yourself this favor and decompress with one of the best massages you'll ever experience.
- Parasailing & Jet-skiing - If you're the adventurous type that loves a thrill, you can't pass up parasailing and jet-skiing on the island's lovely turquoise waters.
- Drink plenty of Piña coladas! - This was definitely one of my favorite island treats. Turks & Caicos just might have the best piña coladas I've ever tasted. Treat yourself to one or two and relax out on the beach.
Wishing you all safe travels!